Welcome to Mumbles Methodist Church
Friend us on Facebook

 

 

 

 

 

The Victoria Hall was originally built as a Gospel Hall in 1875/76. However it was left in a semi-derelict condition for some years before it was used by the Salvation Army, who continued to use it until 1889. It was then bought by the Presbyterian Church of England, and named St. David's Hall.

Victoria Hall

The use of the premises was temporarily secured by the Methodist Church in 1899 who, in 1904, with its earlier debt cleared, bought the lease of the property together with the adjoining land. It was then that it was renamed the Victoria Hall. Soon several other rooms were built on, serving as a kitchen, church parlour, classroom and club room.

In 1915 the Red Cross were given free use of the Victoria Hall as a military hospital for the duration of the war. During this period a Minor Hall and a kitchen were added. The Hall was reopened for the Sunday School on Easter Sunday 1919.

A major refurbishment of the premises was completed in 1994: This included the rebuilding of the Minor Hall, kitchen, foyer and toilets together with improvements to the main hall, and the provision of showers and disabled toilet facilities.

Click to enlarge
Main hall
 
Click to enlarge
Minor Hall
 
Click to enlarge
Kitchen

 

The Victoria Hall is used by many groups and is a real asset to the community of Mumbles. If you would like to hire the hall the charges per 4 hour session are :-

A session is morning 9a.m-1p.m, afternoon 1p.m-5p.m, evening 7-10.30p.m

Weekdays
Saturdays
Main Hall - £26
Main Hall - £40
Minor Hall - £21
Minor Hall - £25
Kitchen - £13.50
Kitchen - £17


Should access be required to the Victoria Hall on the Friday evening (after 9.00 p.m.) prior to any Saturday event, a further charge of £10.00 will be made.

To hire The Victoria Hall please contact Mrs Myra Maddock on 01792 207484

 

Site produced by Selina Taylor